It is recommended to use keywords in page titles itself. This title tag is different from a Meta tag, but its worth considering it in relation to them. Whatever text one places in the title tag (between the title and /title portions) will appear in the title bar of browsers when they view the web page. Some browsers also append whatever you put in the title tag by adding their own name, as for example Microsofts Internet Explorer or OPERA.
The actual text you use in the title tag is one of the most important factors in how a search engine may decide to rank your web page. In addition, all major web crawlers will use the text of your title tag as the text they use for the title of your page in your listings.
If you have designed your website as a series of websites or linked pages and not just a single Home Page, you must bear in mind that each page of your website must be search engine optimized. The title of each page i.e. the keywords you use on that page and the phrases you use in the content will draw traffic to your site.
The unique combination of these words and phrases and content will draw customers using different search engine terms and techniques, so be sure you capture all the keywords and phrases you need for each product, service or information page.
The most common mistake made by small business owners when they first design their website is to place their business name or firm name in every title of every page. Actually most of your prospective customers do not bother to know the name of your firm until after they have looked at your site and decided it is worth book marking.
So, while you want your business name in the title of the home page, it is probably a waste of valuable keywords and space to put it in the title line of every page on your site. Why not consider putting keywords in the title so that your page will display closer to the top of the search engine listing.
Dedicating first three positions for keywords in title avoiding the stop words like and, at and the like is crucial in search engine optimization.
To Your Success
- Creating Flash Website with Moto CMS Standalone — Part 1 | MotoCMS
- Players gone from Raiders' Web site – Inside the Oakland Raiders …
- Facebook's New Fan Page Layout – Submit the Best Example and Win …
- Create Delicious Tag Field Using JQuery
- Young Boys to Men « Back Page Football
- Yahoo! Search at SMX West – Day 2
- Google Launches In-Page Analytics Feature | WebProNews
- Google Social Search Improves, Still Has Major Hole | WebProNews
- 8 Tips to Boost Your Business Website's Conversion Rate …
- Portland Free Photoshop Website Template – Includes 3 pages
- Value Shopping; 3 Big Name Autos: TM, F, GM | Tech24
- Ten Tips to Get That Engine Running RC Car Action
- nulldesign // lars gerckens » ND2D Molehill 2D Engine
- Porto: Denmark Creates Text Message Postage Stamp
- Google Instant Search Under Attack
- Charlie Sheen official site | CharlieSheen.com | tour dates …
- Denmark Replaces Postage Stamps with Text Messages | Geekosystem
- French cheating case: federation cannot use text messages as proof …
- Tweeters: I want a witness tag « BuzzMachine
- Nook Color Can Now Use Bluetooth For Keyboards And SIP Calling …