Last Updated on
In most areas of marketing lessons can be learnt from McDonalds and especially it’s branding. Undoubtedly the worlds largest and most valuable fast food brand, with revenues of over £28 billion in 2013.
But what don’t you know about the brand with the big yellow arches?
Here’s are a few from an excellent page at buzzfeed
- McDonald’s originally sold hot dogs, not hamburgers. Dick and Mac McDonald started their Airdrome hot dog stand in 1937 and it was only in 1948 that they remodelled their business into the “burgers and milkshakes” business we know today.
- 1 in 8 Americans has been employed by a McDonald’s.
- 87,000 people recently petitioned McDonald’s to add a veggie burger to their menu.
- McDonald’s is the world’s largest distributor of toys. The reason? About 20 percent of McDonald’s sales involve Happy Meals.
- Those fries are more complicated than they seem.
Take a look at this infographic from Compare Camp to find out.